BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Can anyone say HAWAII?


I am sure many of you have heard that Pete and I went to Hawaii with no kiddos last week and I am also sure that you have all been waiting and watching every few mins wondering when I was going to post something about all the crazy and wild things we did. Well I thought I would put you all out of your misery and give you what you want.

So incase you haven't heard, there has been alot going on in our house over the last six months. We truely have been doing great but I will admit that there have been days when we have just been surviving. So Pete and I decided we needed to find a time when just the two of us could take off somewhere warm and sunny to get some R&R. We've been to Hawaii three years ago and loved everything about it so we thought "why not go back?". We found a time we could get away and a time we could get Pete's mom out to watch the kiddos and we were set to go. Pete and I flew out last wednesday and got upgraded to First Class! That was great seeing that it was the longest flight I have yet to fly. We got to our resort, checked in, walked around and then headed to dinner. We had a very yummy dinner and then walked back along the ocean! Paradise! Only as we were walking my stomach began to hurt. Dum Dum Dum!!!!

The entire night I was up getting sick and not sleeping! The next day Pete began to feel yucky and for the whole first day that we were in paradise the both of us were sick. NOT FUN! Thankfully the next day we woke up feeling much much better. So I didn't waste anytime and I went straight to the pool where the sun was HOT and I began to read! Pete actually enjoyed sitting out by the pool and soaking up the rays himself. That was a great surprise because usually he is to antsy to sit still. So there we were getting nice and brown and reading. To make things interesting we did sit on the beach a few days. Ha ha! When I said that we did lots of crazy and wild things I meant sitting in the sun with 30SPF while finishing 3 whole books.

I am sorry to let any of you down but as of vacations, this one was at the top! Our goal was to go and enjoy doing NOTHING but to soak up the sun and read! We did it! We got there and didn't leave the resort the entire time! It was so perfect!

Below are a few pictures!


The view from our balcony!


Enjoying our first morning feeling well



Each morning we would take a 3 mile walk down the coast



Pete enjoying the cabana and my hat



Me trying to get some shade! It was hot!



On our way to dinner



What a stud muffin!



See the pool where I walked me a many miles and read!


Farewell to our paradise!



2 comments:

Denise said...

These kinds of vacations are the best, just doing nothing but enjoying. Hawaii is on my Bucket List.

Mandy said...

Looks great Kimmy! So glad you got to get away and enjoy some relaxing! You two deserve it!! Love ya and lets catch up soon!