BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

When Pete's gone...

Why is it that when Pete is out of town the kids decide to NOT sleep?

Last night I was up till 11pm trying to get Mia to go to sleep to only have her asleep for a few hours and to be awaken AGAIN two more times by her. Now tonight I am up and it is past 10pm still trying to get Keeton to sleep. WHY? I have put Keeton to bed, I don't know how many times to hear the pitter patter of little feet walking up the stairs saying "hi mom mom" (this is the new name he has for me) I walk to the top of the stairs and he has this huge grin on his face and he is coming up like he just woke up from his nap and he is ready to go. So after many attempts not working, I think, "ok, I will be the fun mom and let him sleep with me". Yeah right, nice try! That lasted about 10 mins when he kept talking to me, moving around and hanging off the bed upside down. So back down stairs with threats and everything.
I am now in bed, trying to relax and watch some reruns of the "Office" to hear, again, small footsteps coming up the stairs. I wait to see what he does and sure enough the footsteps get closer but they are not sounding like they did about 20 mins ago. Remember I am home alone with the kids and now the footsteps I am hearing are the sounds of shoes on the wood floors. My heart has completely sunk and to my terrified relief, Keeton walks into my room wearing his snow boots. WHAT? Do not ask me how and when he got his boots and put them on over his fleece footie jamies but he did and he totally freaked me out.
It must have been God's silly sense of humor when he made our children capable of getting us so frustrated and by doing something so adorable, they can make us laugh! Thank you Lord! SO now I am back, in bed, trying to relax since I have NOT had the chance tonight yet, watching the "Office", hoping that BOTH of my little people are falling fast asleep in their OWN beds!

GOODNITE!


"hi mom, mom!"


"I love it when daddy is out of town! Party!"

2 comments:

Denise said...

I love your blog. I have tried to change my template several times and just can't make it work. Your babies are so precious. love you Denise

Mandy said...

So cute! Yes I have tried the whole thing of bringing Brayden into bed with us sometimes when he has woken up multiple times as well. You are right! It doesn't work out so well. He will never stay still enough and then he just starts jumping, playing, saying "wake up mommy". :) Hopefully they finally fell asleep and so did you! I LOVE that you are blogging. I will try to start again soon! Maybe we can try and hold each other accountable.